Sunday, June 21, 2009

Father's Day - # 56

Since I am 56, I celebrate the last 56 years with such an incredible Father/Dad beside me and behind me. He has always believed in me and give me the guidance and advice I needed, even when I may not have realized it at the time. He has never withheld from me and when I have a concern or need, he always comes to my mind. He is truly wealthy for his wealth is defined by the presence of his family. When asked what he wanted for a gift throughout my life his response was always the same, "I want to have all my children here with me." Now that has extended to grandchildren and great grandchildren. His happiest moments are those with the family gathered about - time he never takes for granted. That answer has become my response when I'm asked what I want for a gift - "I want to have all my children here with me." I look forward to seeing him soon (by July 4th weekend). Until then my thoughts and prayers surround him and are ever present with him. I love you Dad...

No comments: