Wednesday, February 18, 2009
Today I learned that my Dad has been diagnosed as being in the final stages of kidney failure with his kidneys functioning at 9% of their capacity. Also, that he will have to undergo dialysis 3 days a week and it will take 4 hours for each visit. So at 80 years of age, some given the same diagnosis would say this is too much trouble and I'll take my chances. This would be a life or death decision - mostly death. Thing is that's not who my Dad is. News like this knocks the wind out of you as it had to do to him, but then he steps back - considers what his options are - then chooses life. Granted it is not the routine of life that he had envisioned when he retired from work a few years ago but it is the routine that has become necessary. So he does what he has to do to stay connected to those he loves and also waits expectantly for a miraculous healing to take place that will make dialysis no longer necessary. This is not an idle hope, but a real expectancy because it is when he's in a hard place that God is closer to him than his very breath. It is in this place where healing occurs - so that is why I pray for him while he is in this hard place - that his focus shifts off of himself and onto God - giving him perfect vision and vibrant expectation for the future...
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

2 comments:
so glad you put up a picture...a pleasure to "see" you. thank you for praying and helping to "love daddy through" and for singing me happy birthday today and calling with Vicki tonight and Chase, Rosie and sweet Liam. I love you.
Steve,
I love this blog thing. It is so much better than just e-mail, though I still prefer snail mail to read messages and cards from the heart of loved ones. Just knowing that their hand held it and wrote on it connects me to them. I'm a bit old fashion, I guess.
Just know that you and yours are daily in our hearts and prayers.
Love you. Love to Vicki XXOO
Post a Comment