Monday, May 26, 2008
May 26 - Memorial Day
I realize this morning just how thankful I am for those that have given their lives for this country oftentimes on distant shores. Most of those that fought in World War I and II are no longer around or are dwindling in number. Many that fought in the Korean War and the Viet Nam war are still living but have begun to dwindle in number as well. We now have men and women from Desert Storm and more recently the military action in Iraq and Afghanistan. I can't claim to understand the extent of involvement of our country in some of these wars, but I do honor the authority that has been placed over me as a citizen of this country and know that the President and those in the decision making capacity that I placed there by my democratic vote have information available to them that has resulted in the decisions made. I can't begin to appreciate that burden or responsibility. So I pray for them and for those brave warriors that are serving in these foreign lands. Despite popular belief the most powerful weapon we can use is prayer and worship. It moves the hearts of kings and most importantly the heart of God. So the word for this day is - Worship and Prayer.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment